TED演讲之入门 我们需要谈谈不公(8)

Well I believe that our identity is at risk.

我相信这说明我们有定位危机。

That when we actually don't care about these difficult things,

当我们对这些棘手的问题置之不顾时,

the positive and wonderful things are nonetheless implicated.

我们却仍旧对那些正面的好事儿一如既往地关心。

We love innovation. We love technology. We love creativity. We love entertainment.

我们爱极了革新。我们爱技术。我们爱创造。我们爱娱乐。

But ultimately, those realities are shadowed by suffering, abuse, degradation, marginalization.

但是最终,这些好的现实都被痛苦煎熬,滥用职权,剥夺人权,边缘化,蒙上了阴影。

And for me, it becomes necessary to integrate the two.

对于我来说两者合一是必要的。

Because ultimately we are talking about a need to be more hopeful,

因为最终我们谈的是怎么更有希望,

more committed, more dedicated to the basic challenges of living in a complex world.

更有保障,更有贡献,来应付生活在这个复杂社会中的种种挑战。

And for me that means spending time thinking and talking about the poor, the disadvantaged, those who will never get to TED.

对于我来说,那需要花时间思考和讨论穷人阶层,弱势群体,那些永远也没机会来TED的人。

But thinking about them in a way that is integrated in our own lives.

不过想着其实在某种意义上是把他们融合进我们的生活里。

You know ultimately, we all have to believe things we haven't seen. We do.

要知道最终,我们得相信那些没亲眼见的事。我们不得不。

As rational as we are, as committed to intellect as we are.

作为理智的社会,这么聪明的社会。

Innovation, creativity, development comes not from the ideas in our mind alone.

革新,创造,发展,并不仅仅在我们脑子里空想出来的。

They come from the ideas in our mind that are also fueled by some conviction in our heart.

它们是从我们脑子里的智慧和我们心里的信念相结合的产物。

And it's that mind-heart connection that I believe compels us to not just be attentive to all the bright and dazzly things, but also the dark and difficult things.

这个灵智合一,我相信会驱使我们不仅仅是对那些光明的事情更上心,同时对那些黑暗面和棘手的事情也是一样。

Vaclav Havel, the great Czech leader, talked about this.

韦克拉乌·哈韦尔,这位捷克的杰出领导人,谈过这个问题。

He said, "When we were in Eastern Europe and dealing with oppression, we wanted all kinds of things,

他说:“当我们在东欧解决强制压迫的问题时,我们希望能成就很多,

but mostly what we needed was hope, an orientation of the spirit, a willingness to sometimes be in hopeless places and be a witness."

但是最重要的,我们要一个希望,一个心灵的指向,一种不惮于体会绝望的态度,以及为史留证的意愿。”

演讲简介

在这个演讲里,人权律师布莱恩·史蒂文森通过讲述他与其外婆以及与帕克斯夫人之间的故事,告诉了大家一些美国司法系统中的骇人真相。演讲从讲述大规模的的种族不平等待遇开始:三分之一美国黑人男性有被监禁的经历。这些问题源于美国一段不被重视的历史,它们从未像今天这样被坦诚地,有洞察力地和有说服力地公开讨论过。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据