奥巴马每周电视讲话:在感恩节团结在一起(3)

That in America, we are bound not by any one race or religion, but rather an adherence to a common belief – that all of us are created equal.

在美国,我们团结在一起,不是依靠任何的一个种族或者宗教,而是对共同信念的遵守–我们所有人生而平等。

That we may think, worship, and speak, and love as we please.

我们可以自由地思考,去崇拜,去表达,去爱。

That the gift of democracy is ours, and ours alone, to nurture and protect.

民主的礼物是我们的,唯一只属于我们,去养育它,保护它。

Never doubt, that is what makes us American

毫无疑问,正是这样让我们成为美国人

not where we come from, what we look like, or what faith we practice, but the ideals to which we pledge our allegiance.

不是我们来自哪里,我们长什么样,我们践行怎样的信仰,而是我们承诺忠诚的理想。

It's about our capacity to live up to the creed as old as our founding: "E Pluribus Unum" – that out of many, we are one.

这事关我们实践古老到"合众为一"信条的能力。这就是"我们各个不同,实则一心"。

And as long as we continue to welcome the contributions of all people,

只要我们继续欢迎所有人来做出贡献,

as long as we stand up for each other, speak out for what is right, and stay true to these ideals

只要我们互相支持,说出正确的事情,坚守这些正确的理想

not just when it's easy,but when it's hard – then no one can ever take away our liberty.

不仅仅是当很容易的时候,而且是困难的时候–那么没有人能带走我们的自由。

Our best days will always be ahead.

我们最好的日子将永远在前方。

And we will keep building a future where all of our children know the promise of America.

我们将继续建设未来,让我们所有的孩子都知道美国的承诺。

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody.

祝大家感恩节快乐。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据