奥巴马每周电视讲话:在感恩节团结在一起(2)

We are always, simply, Americans.

简单地说,我们一直是美国人。

That's why, through the fog of Civil War, President Lincoln saw what mattered most – the unalienable truths for which so many gave their lives,

也因此,透过内战的迷雾,林肯总统看到了最至关重要的–不可剥夺的事实,众多的人献出了他们的生命,

and which made possible "a new birth of freedom."

然后让"自由的新生"成为可能。

And so precisely when the fate of the Union hung in the balance,

因此恰恰是在联邦命运飘忽不定的时候,

he boldly proclaimed a day of Thanksgiving,

他庄严地宣告了感恩节,

when the nation's gifts "should be solemnly, reverently, and gratefully acknowledged,

那是国家的礼物"应该是严肃的,虔诚的,被感激公认地,

as with one heart and one voice by the whole American people."

作为全部美国民众同心同德,一起发声。"

Today, we continue to give thanks for those blessings, and to all who ensured that they would be our inheritance.

今天我们继续向那些祝福感恩,向所有那些确保着他们将是我们遗产的人们感恩。

We remember the determined patriots who landed at the edge of the world in search of freedom.

我们牢记,有决心的爱国者们,在世界的角落登陆来寻找自由。

We give thanks to the brave men and women who defend that freedom in every corner of the world.

我们感恩英勇的男男女女,他们捍卫着世界上每一个角落的自由。

And we honor all people – from the First Americans to our newest arrivals – who continue to shape our nation's story, enrich our heritage,

我们向所有的人们致敬–从最初的美国人到现在新成为我们的人–他们一直塑造着我们国家的故事,丰富着我们的遗产,

and give meaning to our founding values, values we must never take for granted.

并为我们的建国理念带来了新的意义,我们永远不能认为这样的理念是理所当然的。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据