TED演讲:在垃圾之城创造50栋建筑的彩绘(7)

I think I never drink as much tea as I did in Egypt.

我感觉我从来没喝过这么多的茶

And to be honest with you, we could have finished earlier,

老实说,我们其实可以提前竣工

but I think it took us three weeks because of all those tea breaks.

但我认为这个项目花费了我们三个星期是因为那些喝茶的休息时间

In Egypt, they have another expression, which is "Nawartouna," which means, "You brought light to us."

在埃及他们还有一句话是“Nawartouna”,意思是“你给我们带来了光明”

In Manshiyat Naser they were always telling us this.

纳赛尔的人们总是这样跟我们说

The calligraphy, actually — I used a white glow-in-the-dark paint for the calligraphy

那个艺术字,事实上—我用了白色夜光涂料绘制了整个艺术字

so at the end of the project, we rented some black light projectors

所以在项目的最后,我们借来了紫外线投影仪

and lit up the whole neighborhood, surprising everybody around.

照亮整个社区,惊讶了周围所有人

We wanted to tell them that they are the ones who brought light to us.

我想告诉他们的是,他们才是那些带给我们光明的人

The Zaraeeb community are strong, honest, hard workers, and they know their value.

Zaraeeb社区是强大的,诚实的,勤劳的,而且他们知道自己的价值何在

The people of Cairo call them "the Zabaleen," which means "the people of the garbage,"

开罗的人称呼他们为“札巴林人”,意思是“捡垃圾的人”

but ironically, the people of Manshiyat Naser call the people of Cairo the Zabaleen.

但纳赛尔的人嘲讽地说,开罗的人才是札林巴人

They say, they are the ones who produce the garbage, not them.

他们说,生产垃圾的是开罗人,而不是他们

The goal was to leave something to this community,

我们的目标曾是给这个社区留下一些价值

but I feel that they are the ones who left something in our lives.

但现在,我认为他们在我们的生活中留下了价值

You know, the art project was just a pretext for this amazing human experience.

你知道,艺术只是为人生经历增色的一个说辞

The art piece at some point will disappear, vanish,

某一天,艺术作品会绝迹,会消失

and actually there is somebody who is building a second floor in front of Uncle Ibrahim's house,

事实上这里有些人正在Ibrahim叔叔的房子前建造另一座双层楼

so it's covering part of the painting, so I might need to go back and paint over it.

这座新楼遮挡住了我作品的部分,所以我还得回去重新涂一下

It was about the experience, about the story, about the moment.

这是关于一次经历,一个故事,一个瞬间

From the streets of the neighborhood, the painting appears in fragments, isolated from one another, standing alone.

从附近的街道看,这幅作品是破碎的,彼此孤立,独自站立在一旁

But connected with the sign of calligraphy

但是书法的标志使它们联系到了一起

that today reveals the powerful message that we should all think about before we want to judge somebody.

今天,它向人们揭示了强有力的要旨,一个当我们去判断某一个人之前都值得去思考的要旨:

Anyone who wants to see the sunlight clearly needs to wipe his eyes first. Thank you.

任何一个想清楚看到阳光的人需要先擦亮自己的眼睛。谢谢。

由于养猪大户的聚集,把埃及的亚特纳赛尔变成了“垃圾之城”。这里臭味熏天,垃圾遍布大街小巷。但最终都被这个艺术家通过艺术美化了那个贫穷而被人忽视的城市。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据