米歇尔2013东肯塔基大学8

WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 96310 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post' ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC limit 10

So you should be incredibly proud

所以你们应该异常自豪

And I hope that you never lose sight of what brought you to this day

而且我希望永远不要忘记 是什么成就了这一天的你

those values that you came here with

也就是你们来到这里时所拥有的价值观

and those skills and talents you developed while you were here

还有你们在这里培养出的技巧和才能

Because when you pair those two things together, you will

因为这两点加在一起

be prepared for whatever comes next, whatever comes next

将会让你有能力应对接下来的任何挑战

And that brings me to an important question

这就引出了一个很重要的问题

What does come next?

接下来会有什么挑战

As I thought about the journey you all are about to embark upon

在我思考你们即将开启的旅程时

it reminded me of a conversation I had with my daughter Malia she's my oldest

我想到了我同我大女儿玛丽亚的谈话

and this conversation we had when she was 10 years old

这是发生在她十岁时的谈话

We were talking about college and our future

我们在讨论大学 以及我们的未来

And I told her

我告诉她

I always tell my kids

我总跟我的孩子们说

I said, once you graduate from college, you cannot come back home

大学毕业后 你就不能回家了

Cannot

不能

Now, of course, I was joking

当然 我是开玩笑

but I still don't want her to know that

但我现在仍然不希望她知道这是玩笑

But her response she took it in was one I will never forget

她当时真信了这句话 而她的回话我总记得

She said, well, mom, where do you go after college?

她说 妈妈 你大学毕业后去了哪

She said, I mean literally, the day after you graduate?

她说 我是说正好毕业后的那一天

She said, because you're not in school, and you can't come home

你既要离开学校 又不能回家

So where do you go?

那去了哪里呢

Now I hope that all of you have an answer for that question today

我希望你们每个人 今天都对这个问题有了答案

And hopefully nobody's sleeping out in the ravine

但愿没有人会睡在深谷中

But I think there was also something profound about her question

不过我觉得 她的问题中蕴含了某种更深刻的意义

Where are you gonna go?

你要去哪里

人物简介

本视频是美国总统夫人米歇尔·奥巴马在东肯塔基大学2013年毕业典礼上的演讲。东肯塔基大学在美国以为退伍军人提供帮扶和大学教育而著名,并因此获得白宫的关注。米歇尔在东肯塔基大学的演讲围绕服务这一主题,鼓励毕业生秉承东肯塔基大学的传统服务精神。同时,她希望学生能与不同于自己的人多交流,敞开思想,这样才不至于会固执己见、陷入偏执。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据