TED演讲之游戏的力量:畅想电子游戏(3)

The thing again I want you to think about is,

再强调一次,大家想一下

don't look at these graphics and think of that's the way it is.

游戏将来会是什么样子

Think about that's where we are right now,

想一下我们现在在哪里

and the curve that we're on means that this is going to continue to get better.

再根据那个发展曲线推算一下,将来的游戏会发展成什么样子

This is an example of the kind of graphics you need to be able to draw

如果你现在想进入游戏领域的话

if you wanted to get a job in the video game industry today.

你就得能画出这样的画面

You need to be really an incredible artist.

你得是一个非常有才华的艺术家

And once we get enough of those guys,

一旦我们有了足够的这样的人,

we're going to want more fantasy artists that can create places we've never been to before,

我们就会需要更多的幻想艺术家来创作出我们从没去过的地方

or characters that we've just never seen before.

和我们从未谋面的人

So the obvious thing for me to talk about today is graphics and audio.

很明显今天我说的都是计算机图形和声音

But if you were to go to a game developers conference,

但是如果你去参加一个游戏开发者大会

what they're all talking about is emotion, purpose, meaning, understanding and feeling.

你会发现那里的人都在谈论情绪,目的,意义,理解,感情

You'll hear about talks like, can a video game make you cry?

你会听到像这样的问题:一个游戏可以让你流泪吗?

And these are the kind of topics we really actually care about.

这才是我们真正关系的话题

I came across a student who's absolutely excellent at expressing himself,

我遇到这样一个很有才华的学生,他很善于表现自己

and this student agreed that he would not show his video to anybody until you here at TED had seen it.

他同意把他的这段视频最先放给TED上的观众看

So I'd like to play this video.

现在我想开始放这段视频

So this is a student's opinion on what his experience of games are.

这是一个学生对于游戏的看法

I, like many of you, live somewhere between reality and video games.

我,就像你们一样,生活在游戏和现实生活之间

Some part of me — a true living, breathing person —

作为一个生命有呼吸的个体,我的一部分

has become programmed, electronic and virtual.

已经变成了一个被编程过的虚拟的电子体

The boundary of my brain that divides real from fantasy has finally begun to crumble.

我的大脑中把现实与虚拟世界区分开的那个界线终于开始渐渐消失

I'm a video game addict and this is my story.

我是一个游戏爱好者,这是我的故事

In the year of my birth the Nintendo Entertainment System also went into development.

我出生的那年,任天堂开始开发他们的娱乐系统

I played in the backyard, learned to read, and even ate some of my vegetables.

童年的我,在后院里玩耍,学习认字,甚至有时候吃自己种的蔬菜

Most of my childhood was spent playing with Legos.

我的童年大部分时间花在玩乐高玩具上

But as was the case for most of my generation,

但是作为我们这一代,那是平常不过的

I spent a lot of time in front of the TV.

除此以外,我还经常看电视

Mr. Rogers, Walt Disney, Nick Junior,

Mr. Rogers, 迪斯尼, Nick Junior

and roughly half a million commercials have undoubtedly left their mark on me.

还有无数个电视广告已经无疑都在我心中留下了印记

When my parents bought my sister and I our first Nintendo,

当我爸妈给我和我妹妹买了第一台任天堂的时候

whatever inherent addictive quality this early interactive

不管它有多好玩,总之

electronic entertainment possessed quickly took hold of me.

它一下子占据了我的生活

At some point something clicked.

好像一切都不谋而合

With the combination of simple, interactive stories

通过简单互动的故事情节

and the warmth of the TV set, my simple 16-bit Nintendo

还有温热的电视机,我的16位任天堂

became more than just an escape.

已经不仅仅是一种我对生活得逃避

It became an alternate existence, my virtual reality.

而变成了另外一种存在形式,我的虚拟现实

演讲简介

游戏设计师David Perry预言未来的游戏对玩家来说将不仅仅只是娱乐。 未来的游戏会是丰富和复杂的,而且充满了丰富的情感。对有的人来说,这些元素将会使游戏比真实世界更加真实而且有意义。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据